Thursday, July 8, 2010

Next Steps

I have an appointment with my PCP for Thursday, July 20. It is for an annual physical, but I am also going to bring up WLS.

On Wednesday, July 14 my husband and I are going to go to a WLS informational meeting at a local hospital. I want to get as much information as I can before talking to my PCP.

My husband and I had a long talk last night about WLS. He is considering having it done also. We both know people that have done it. His biggest concern is that most of the people he knows have gained a lot of weight back. Of course, this concerns me as well. I do worry how it will affect me since I've never really been thin. I was a chubby kid, an overweight teenager, and an obese young adult. I have lost weight many times over the years, but have never reached a healthy weight as an adult. I know that in order for this to be successful, I will have to deal with the issues in my "head" and not just reduce the size of my stomach. Maybe counseling will help me!?!

Our biggest motivation to follow through with WLS is so that we can be healthy and active with our kids. We have a four year old that is overweight and an 11 year old that is thin. But our entire family needs to eat healthier and be more active, and we think this would jump start us to begin living a healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment