Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Information Meeting

Well DH and I went to the WLS information meeting this evening at John Muir. The nurse who runs the program is wonderful. She gave us lots of great information regarding the different types of surgery and she answered a lot of questions from the attendees. Plus we got some handouts and brochures.

After the meeting we asked her what we needed to do to move forward in the process. She said for our insurance, we needed our PCP to send a referral to the network. The network will then send the information to the nutritionist and then we could schedule our appointment with the nutritionist and then later, the psychologist. Our plan requires 6 monthly weigh ins in the past year. I will have four for sure (3 from WW and 1 from my visit with my PCP next week) so I may only have to wait 2-3 months for the surgery to fulfill this requirement. While I'm waiting I can do the other requirements like the nutritionist, psych and pre-op testing. This is wonderful, as I thought I'd have to wait at least 6 months, if not longer.

So my next step is to ask my PCP next Tuesday. Moving right along.

No comments:

Post a Comment